Thursday 6 January 2022

French VCE Resource: Exam skills - Reading and Responding

Teaching VCE French over the last few years has been, in equal parts, exhausting and exhilarating. Us, teachers, have needed to interpret information released by VCAA in order to produce new or updated resources for our students. Tiring, as most of us feel the pressure to create up-to-date materials. Engaging, as we need to put our "thinking caps on" and get creative! 

I am lucky to have excellent colleagues with whom I can share my ideas and discuss our current VCAA understandings. Hence, why I have this blog!

French exam, reading, writing

Head to my website to download this Reading and Responding VCE French task, as a downloadable PDF file, following the style of Section 2 Part B in the VCAA LOTE exam (update November 2022). The new exam format requires students to transfer and manipulate information from the stimulus text in order to suit a new style of writing and text-type. Ideally, it requires higher order skills than the previous study design. The text-type will be different to the choices presented in Section 3. 

Front page of downloadable VCE French Reading and Responding resource

I have created this VCE Reading and Responding task for both Year 11 and 12 students - differentiate at your will! Included in the task is a student self-assessment, where although the SAC and exam would be marked holistically, the assessment tool gives students an idea of areas to improve. I ensure that my students are constantly setting short and long term personal goals for each LOTE skill area.

More VCE resources available for purchase on my website and Teachers Pay Teachers account. I hope they come in handy!

I would love to hear of your experiences with this area of the exam over the last few years. Write in the comment section below.


No comments:

Post a Comment